Oct 1, 2020

Vehicular accidents decrease in Puerto Princesa

Vehicular accidents reported in Puerto Princesa decreased during the first half of the year, the City Traffic and Management Office (CTMO) said.

CTMO officer-in-charge Engr. Jonathan Magay told Palawan News this week that that this year’s figures are much smaller for the months of January to June.

“’Yong 2017 natin kasi ang may pinakamaraming cases hindi ko lang matandaan ang exact number pero ayon na rin sa ating mga staff kung sa dami mas marami talaga noong 2017 kumpara sa 2019 natin. Noong 2017, kinuha ko rin kasi ‘yong percentage, kumabaga nag-a-average tayo ng 3-4 accidents araw-araw. Pero ngayon, isa isang araw minsan wala, kaya malaki talaga ang nabawas,” he said.

Magay said that the decrease this year is due to the number of enforcers and the ordinances implemented by their office.

He said that currently, there are 160 traffic enforcers implementing road traffic policies and laws.

“Dahil din sa initiative ng ating punong lungsod sa kagustuhang ma-address din ng maigi ang ating traffic dito sa lungsod ng Puerto Princesa. Marami ring batas na naipapatupad na natin,” Magay said.

Traffic in the city, he said, is “so far, so good” because main streets are less congested compared to the previous years.

He said this is due to City Ordinance 838 which placed public utility vehicles (PUVs) in the outer lanes.

Share your vote!


How do you feel about this post?
  • Happy
  • Sad
  • Angry