The test result of the deceased person under investigation (PUI) in Palawan returned negative, five days after he expired.

Dr. Mario Baquilod regional director of the Department of Health (DOH), said Monday that the PUI, who died on March 18, tested negative for the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

“As of today, ‘yon ‘yong lumabas na result [negative]. Dumating siya ngayon lang umaga (March 23), hindi namin na-i-inform ang health facility kung saan siya na-confine,” Baquilod said.

The deceased PUI, a 37-year-old Filipino male who was previously admitted to a government hospital in the city, was cremated and was “properly handled based on the sanitation protocol” on March 18.

He was previously pronounced to have died due to “severe respiratory distress”.

- Advertisement -

Palawan has 44 PUIs under watch, 17 of whom remain admitted at different hospitals throughout the province, based on the official report as of 3 p.m., March 22.

(with reports from Celeste Anna Formoso and Ruth Rodriguez)

Previous articleLGUs required to consult DOH before acquiring Covid-19 test kits
Next articleCapitol planning to put up local COVID-19 testing laboratory center
is a desk editor and senior reporter of Palawan News. He covers politics, environment, tourism, justice, and sports. In his free time, he enjoys long walks with his dog, Bayani.