Jul 8, 2020

Occ Mindoro reports 6th COVID-19 positive case

The patient is a 51-year-old male healthcare worker at San Jose District Hospital, according to local authorities. He remained to be asymptotic and was part of the individuals who underwent the expanded testing by the provincial government.

Healthcare workers in Occidental Mindoro undergo expanded testing for the deadly infection. (Photo courtesy of Provincial Government Office of Occidental Mindoro)

Occidental Mindoro recorded its sixth confirmed COVID-19 patient, bringing the total number of positive cases in the MIMAROPA region to 31.
The patient is a 51-year-old male healthcare worker at San Jose District Hospital, according to local authorities. He remained to be asymptotic and was part of the individuals who underwent the expanded testing by the provincial government.
“Si Patient No. 6 ay 51 taong gulang mula Magsaysay at isang healthcare worker ng San Jose District Hospital. Kasama siya sa dumaan sa expanded testing na isinagawa ng Provincial Health Office at naipadala sa Philippine Red Cross,” the provincial government said in its official Facebook post.
Meanwhile, the number of suspect COVID-19 patients in Palawan slid to 62 from 73, based on the bulletin issued by Department of Health (DOH) Center for Health Development (CHD) in MIMAROPA.
Oriental Mindoro remains the province most hit by COVID-19 in the region, with 16 positive cases reported so far. Occidental Mindoro and Marinduque both have 6 positive cases while Palawan has maintained its positive cases to 2.
Normalyn Dave, assistant city information officer (CIO), in a video announcement aired live on Facebook Monday, said that Puerto Princesa has a total of 28 active suspect COVID-19 patients including six individuals from the group of fishermen returnees from Sablayan, Occidental Mindoro.
“Sa 180 na fishermen na nasa quarantine facility sa Barangay Irawan, anim ang na-transfer to a facility sa iba-ibang kadahilanan,” Dave said.
Palawan province remained to wait for 26 test results from San Lazaro Hospital.
The island province currently has 62 suspect COVID-19 patients, 19 of whom were admitted in different hospitals while 43 were under strict home quarantine, as of 3 p.m., Monday (May 11).
Share your vote!


How do you feel about this post?
  • Happy
  • Sad
  • Angry