The Schools Division Office (SDO) of Palawan is conducting a “school readiness survey” to help the department determine effective learning modalities.
Grace Estefano. division information officer of the SDO Palawan, said that they are now in the preparation for the upcoming school year, and will look at the results of their survey to design new learning modalities.
“Naka-depende sa resulta ng survey on new normal readiness of the DepEd Palawan na inilabas noong nakaraang May 7 kung anong learning modalities ang angkop sa lalawigan ng Palawan, base sa School Calendar for School Year 2020-2021,” Estefano said.
She said the survey is expected to be completed on May 20.
The survey involves a check-list type with questions revolves around the following issues:
- How do learners go to school
- Number of household members that will be studying for the upcoming school year
- Other members of the family that can provide instructional support for distance learning
- Internet accessibility and devices available that can connect to the internet
- Devices available that can be used for learning
- The learning modalities they prefer
- Challenges may experience that may affect the learning
“Ang deadline nito ay May 20, but then baka by this Friday meron na ring initial result kahit papaano na maibibigay sa amin, from there on, doon na gagawa ng concrete actions ang division office,” Estefano said.
“We will offer all these multi-modalities of instruction. Walang one-size-fits-all rule. Kung ano ang puwede doon sa area nila, ‘yon ang gagamitin. Flexible ang DepEd Palawan,” she added.