Single and married mothers, 25 to 45 years old, who are past beauty contest titlists, nurses, real estate brokers, and others are invited to become contestants of the first search for the Mrs. Puerto Princesa this year.
The pageant, which will be part of the 2019 Balayong Festival, will only have 20 slots for those who wish to join.
Maruj Avela-Encoy of Ruj Productions said the local pageant will look for the ultimate mom who will represent Palawan to the Mrs. Philippines national competition.
“Noong College ako mahilig na ko sumali sa mga beauty pageant, nagkaroon ako ng chance na to get the franchise of Miss Earth International na madala dito sa Palawan. Nagtuloy-tuloy na, nagkaroon na ako ng idea na maraming magagandang nanay na puwede naman natin bigyan ng activities para maging busy naman. Para makatulong sa kanila, empowering women ito, at siguradong susuportahan ito ng mga nanay na for sure kahit hindi sila sumali matutuwa sila sa pa-event na ito.” Encoy said.
Encoy, a businesswoman engaged in the operation of a beauty salon and beauty products sales, is a native of San Vicente town, northern Palawan, with a degree in tourism from Palawan Polytechnic College, Inc. (PPCI)
She said her first venture in pageant events was being one of the sponsors and later as co-producer of the Miss Earth 2018 Swimsuit Competition held at the City Coliseum and the recent staging of Miss Palawan.
During the media launch of the search on February 9 at the Ivy Wall Best Western Hotel, Encoy clarified that her newly formed production company is not a “fly-by-night” initiative to gain money but only wants to promote Palawan as a place where there are beautiful mommies.
“Simpleng tao lang tayo, batang San Vicente, hindi ko ito ginagawa dahil dati akong Queen, Ms. Palawan wala po. So ginagawa ko ito siguro para matulungan ang promosyon ng Palawan, hindi lang puro paganda kundi dala natin ‘yong pangalan ng Palawan.” Encoy added.
Ruj Production will have two pageants this year which will be the Mrs. Puerto Princesa set on March 17 at the city bay walk area and open to the public for free.
“We will also have the province-wide Mrs. Palawan in June in conjunction with the Baragatan Festival,” Encoy said.
To pre-qualify, Encoy said applicants must bring their valid ID and birth certificates, and at least 5’4 in height,
Married contestants are encouraged but single mothers are also allowed to join the contest. They must submit their marriage certificates or DSWD single mothers’ ID or certification from the barangay if single mother.
The other requirements are:
- Contestant must be a natural-born Filipino citizen.
- Must not be convicted of any felony and is a natural born woman.
- Contestant for each city/municipality of Palawan must be a resident of the said locality within 6 months prior to the contest.
- Contestant must agree that the organizing production, RUJ productions event management, can use their photographs, name, and videos for publicity purposes related to Mrs. Palawan and its licensees.
- Contestant, if selected, agrees to join national and international pageant related to the core values of Mrs. Palawan. If qualifications are not met by the crown winner, Mrs. Palawan organizers may choose among the runners-up of the pageant.