Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque on Tuesday denounced a man on the social networking platform Tiktok who posted a video claiming to be his son.
Roque said the video posted by a certain @pulpolitika with over 26,000 followers is the work of a troll and is part of attempts to discredit him and the administration in line with the coming elections next year.
“We expect political trolls to work overtime in their vicious attacks as we enter the campaign season. This is nothing but an election black propaganda,” Roque said on his Facebook account.
“I have two children and anyone who claims should file an appropriate action in court so I may disprove the same,” he added.
The man in the video denounced Roque for reportedly dismissing Manila Mayor Isko Moreno’s request that the government buys Tocilizumab and Remdesivir instead of face shields.
“I’m disappointed, ok. Na-disappoint ako doon sa sagot ng aking biological dad, si spokesperson Harry Roque, doon po sa panawagan ni yorme Isko na bumili ng Tocilizumab tsaka ng Remdesivir. Alam niyo, wala namang kaso yong iba-bash niyo kami, yong hihiritan niyo kami, pero sana, sana, makinig doon sa panawagan kasi ito yong kailangan ngayon ng tao,” the man said.
Previously, Moreno appealed to the national government’s COVID-19 response to buy the medicines instead of face shields that were linked to the controversy on the Department of Health’s (DOH) used of P67 billion funds.