(UPDATED) Rep. Chicoy Alvarez (1st District, Palawan) is appealing for Palaweños to strengthen their collective resolve to get through the remaining two weeks of the home quarantine.
“Kung mapatutunayang walang local transmission ng virus sa Palawan, ibaba ng kinauukulan ang nakapataw na quarantine,” Alvarez said following his distribution of food packs to more than 400 constituents stranded in Puerto Princesa City.
The daily tracking report of the Department of Health on the status of COVID-19 in the province indicates a fluid movement on the number of individuals being tagged as persons under investigation (PUI) for potential virus illness, standing at around 75 persons as of Monday.
Only one PUI has so far tested positive for COVID-19 since the outbreak began, involving an Australian national who had already returned to his home country and recovered.
Alvarez appealed to Palaweños to strengthen their collective resolve to get through the enhanced community quarantine.
“Dalawang linggo na lang, kakayanin natin ito. Nakasasalalay sa pakikiisa nating lahat ang pagsugpo ng paglaganap ng COVID-19,” he said.
The province and the rest of Luzon now enter the halfway mark through the imposed ECQ and stringent social distancing measures which will end midnight of April 13.
Alvarez also assured his constituents who cannot go back to their hometowns that he will continue helping them get through the coming days.
“Nauna na tayong namigay ng mga pagkain pantawid sa mga kababayan natin sa Puerto Princesa na hindi nakauwi sa kani-kanilang mga bayan sa norte nitong nakaraang linggo at mamimigay pa ulit para sa mga darating na araw,” Alvarez said.