Quezon in southern Palawan recorded 24 new dengue cases, bringing the Municipal Health Office’s (MHO) March 8 recorded 96 cases to 121, a town health official said.
Vicky Solatorio, health education and promotions officer in Quezon, said Thursday that due to the increasing cases of the mosquito-borne disease and the death of one patient, they are now under a state of calamity since the first week of March.
She said the recorded dengue incidents is alarming and is higher than last year’s 55 recorded cases.
“Noong nakaraang taon 55 lang ‘yon kumpara ngayong taon na sobrang taas na. Alarming na talaga itong ngayon dahil sa tinagal-tagal bago lang kami nagkaroon ng ganito kadami na kaso,” she said.
Solatorio said most of the cases were recorded from Alfonso XIII, Tabon, Berong and other neighboring barangays.
“Dyan po talaga ang maraming cases ngayon. Pagkatapos nyan kumakalat na sa ibang barangay kasi ang iba pumupunta o nag-aaral dito sa Alfonso XIII. Hindi mo naman kasi talaga mababantayan kung sino ang nakagat na ng lamok sa kanila, kaya ngayon nagba-bahay-bahay talaga kami,” she said.
Recently, she also said dengue-carrier mosquitoes in their town have been found breeding in stagnant and stored water.
Currently, they are conducting misting in every household to prevent additional cases.
“Tuloy-tuloy ang pagsasagawa natin misting sa mga bahay para sana hindi na ba madagdagan ang kaso natin lalo na ‘di ba nakaraan nag-test kami ng lamok nakaraan at nag-positive nga ito na dengue mosquito,” Solatorio said.