The Palawan Electric Cooperative (PALECO) and Delta P renewed their power contract agreement for another year after it expired last April 3.
Engr. Nelson Lalas, PALECO project supervisor and acting general manager, in a video interview posted on the power firm’s Facebook page Thursday, said it will be submitted to the Department of Energy (DOE).
This is after the new 20-megawatt power plant under the Comprehensive Selection Process (CSP) still pending.
“We have this supply agreement between Delta P that will last until April 3 and because of reasons that we have application to the DOE to have this 20 mega-watts for that Comprehensive Selection Process (CSP) that we have to conduct bidding for that and the reasons na wala pa tayong dumarating na approval from the DOE in response to this CSP,” he said.
Lalas said the process is in compliance with the law provided there will be no changes in supply, capacity and rates.
He said they expect the DOEapproval within this month, he said.
Meanwhile, Lalas also said that because of their massive clearing operations, power interruptions have been reduced both in Puerto Princesa City and Palawan province.
“Compared to our accomplishment last year ang PALECO maganda naman talaga ang operation but that time that we started to enforce this massive clearing in the entire coverage area, we were able to reduce our power interruption,” he pointed out.
PALECO’s system loss of 3.9 percent in 2018 was reduced to a single digit just in the first quarter of 2019, Lalas said.