The Palawan Electric Cooperative (PALECO) said Friday there will be power interruptions in some areas in Puerto Princesa City starting January 7 until the 11th.
Power cooperative spokesperson Claire Guludah said the partial blackouts will give way to massive clearings, replacement of electric posts, and installation of insulated 25-kilovolt (Kv) conductors.
“Marami pa ‘yan… upgrading kasabay na rin ‘yan lahat-lahat. May mga naka-schedule pa sa susunod (There’s a lot of that happening… upgrading is included, everything. There are other schedules that will follow too),” Guludah said.
The first set of scheduled partial power interruptions in the following areas are:
January 7, Monday
- 8:30 a.m.-12:00 noon – San Jose Circuit, part of Santol Road
- 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. – San Jose Circuit, Lomboy Street to Kuyba Almoneca
January 8, Tuesday
- 8:30 a.m.-12:00 noon – Iwahig Circuit-Montible to Napsan
- 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. – GMA Circuit-BM Road to Palo Alto
January 9, Wednesday
- 8:30 a.m.-12:00 noon – Iwahig Circuit-Irawan to Mt. Calvary; GMA Circuit-Libis Road, Barangay San Pedro; Poblacion Circuit-Liberty to Bagong Sikat
- 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. – Poblacion Circuit-Tiniguiban to PSU Road; GMA Circuit-Kalikasan Homes
January 10, Thursday
- 6:00 a.m-12:00 noon – Iwahig Circuit-Barangay Sta. Lucia
- 8:30 a.m.-12:00 noon – WESCOM Circuit-Manalo Extension to Camella Homes; Iwahig Circuit-Filamer Subdivision
January 11, Friday
- 6:00 a.m.-12:00 noon – Iwahig Circuit-Barangay Irawan
- 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. – Iwahig Circuit-Barangay Tiniguiban to Pajara
PALECO said it will release another batch of scheduled partial blackouts after the upgrading and installation activities in these areas.