The Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) in Palawan plans to extend the 14-day obligatory facility-based quarantine for incoming visitors effective August 14 to August 31.
Jeremias Alili, chief of the Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office (PDRRMO), said in a statement released by the Provincial Information Office (PIO) on Thursday that the seven-day obligatory quarantine would only be implemented until today, August 13.
The decision was taken during a meeting of the Provincial IATF and Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (PDRRMC) members on August 11 to prevent the spread of the highly-transmissible COVID-19 Delta variant, according to him.
“Sa ngayon, 7-day mandatory quarantine ang ipinatutupad natin at matatapos sa August 13. Kaya sa pag-uusap namin, nais namin na i-extend ito and mas important na mapatagal natin yong quarantine lalo na ngayon na may threat ng Delta variant,” Alili said.
However, the task force clarified that repatriated overseas Filipino workers (OFW) who have already completed a 14-day quarantine in another area, authorized persons outside residence (APOR) under Resolution 98-A, and tourists covered by the Department of Tourism (DOT) Travel Bubble are not covered by the mandatory quarantine.
The proposed extension of facility-based quarantine, he said, has been presented to the Regional IATF for approval.
Aside from it, Dra. Faye Labrador, the head of the Provincial Health Office (PHO), said that vaccinations are still being rolled out in the municipalities.
She said that more than 145,000 doses of vaccines already arrived in Palawan.
Labrador also ensured the province’s preparedness, particularly its infrastructure, as a precaution against the potential entry and spread of the Delta variant.
“We already assessed the preparedness stage, response stage, and surge stage ng ating mga hospitals and so far, nakaayos na ito. May karagdagang hospital beds din tayo and maayos ‘yung kanilang case management,” she said.