Returning OFWs arrive at the Puerto Princesa International Airport. (Photo courtesy of Richard Ligad)
One overseas Filipino worker (OFW) who arrived Tuesday from Manila tested positive in the rapid diagnostic test (RDT) and will be subjected to a confirmatory laboratory testing for possible COVID-19 infection.
Richard Ligad, chief of City Information Office (CIO), in an advisory aired live on Tuesday, said that 19 returning OFW arrived early Tuesday (around 3 a.m.) aboard a military aircraft. Of the 19 repatriates, 12 are city residents.
“Kanina ay ginawa na ‘yong physical check sa kanila at ang pagratapid test. Sa dose sa kanila na dumating, isa sa kanila ay nagpositive sa rapid test,” Ligad said.
The patient has been isolated in a “PUI facility” and will be scheduled for swab test, while the other were placed under mandatory quarantine, Ligad added.
The latest development brought to nine the total RDT-reactive cases in Puerto Princesa City since the sweeper flights began last week.
Meanwhile, the local authorities are currently attending to the returning individuals from MV Milagrosa that docked at the Puerto Princesa Port (PPP), also Tuesday.
Previous articlePort Barton hoping for tourism recovery
Next articleNo face-to-face classes until there is vaccine – DepEd
is a desk editor and reporter of Palawan News. He covers politics, environment, tourism, justice, and sports. In his free time, he enjoys long walks with his dog, Bayani.