A recent Western Command (WESCOM) patrol mission in the West Philippine Sea to help look for the wreckage and other survivors of the Bataan fishing boat that sank in the area last month yielded no positive result.
Vice Adm. Rene Medina, commander of the WESCOM, said no wreckage or survivor was found during their patrol on November 30.
However, he said they will continue looking as soon as the weather clears.
“Walang sighting ng iba pang survivor or any piece of wreckage, pero maghahanap pa rin kami, itutuloy ‘yon kapag gumanda na ang panahon,” he said.
Typhoon Tisoy, according to PAGASA, is currently bringing heavy rains and burly winds in the West Philippine Sea.
On November 7, a fishing boat with 13 crew members sank near Scarborough or Panatag Shoal after it was hit by strong winds and waves caused by typhoon Quiel. The next day, only a single survivor was rescued — Angelito Epetito Jr.
The incident happened when they were on their way back to Barangay Sisiman in Mariveles, Bataan from Reed Bank.