Fire nearly breaks out in San Jose


A fire nearly broke out in a house in Caimito Road, Barangay San Jose, Tuesday morning after a small liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) tank leaked gas and caught flames.

Bing Escototo, a house helper at the home of Marco and Jeniffer Tanael, said the accident happened while she was changing an empty tank.

Escototo said the incident happened around 10:30 a.m. when she was about to cook lunch.

“Inikot ko, sumisingaw pa rin [ang gas] po kahit na ‘yong sagad na [ang pagkasarado], sumisingaw pa rin. Niluwagan ko ulit. Noong niluwagan ko, tumigil ang pag-singaw. Sinindihan ko na ng posporo kasi sa isip ko safe na ito kasi hindi na sumisingaw, tumigil na. Ngayon noong sinindihan ko, nag-[liyab],” said Escototo.

Escototo said she went out to ask for help and chanced upon city councilor Roy Ventura who was passing in their area.

She said Ventura helped in putting out the flames and called for assistance

Fire Officer 2 Mark Anthony Llacuna of the City Bureau of Fire (BFP) who was in the area told Palawan News it was the emergency hotline 911 that reported the incident to them.

However, the flames were already put out when they arrived.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. © Copyright 2018 - Qubes Publication and Ads Promotion. All rights reserved.

You may also like...