A fire destroyed the Wellness and Fitness Center (WFC) inside the old compound of the Western Command (WESCOM) in Brgy. San Miguel early Thursday morning.
Fire Officer 3 Rud Mark Anticano, investigation and intelligence section (IIS) chief of the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP), said the fire broke out at the single-storey wellness center and burned a car owned by a Sgt. Analie Alfaroso parked outside the building.
Initial estimate of the damage cost is at P800,000.
“Hinihintay pa natin ‘yong affidavit of fire damage ng mga biktima para mailagay natin kung magkano ‘yong eksaktong figure. Estimated pa lang ‘yan, tataas pa ‘yan sigurado,” Anticano said.
The fire call was received at 5:25 a.m. from Lieutenant Commander Ferdinand Gato of WESCOM.
Anticano said that three fire trucks were deployed arriving at the area in five minutes.
It was declared fire out around 6:05 a.m.
Anticano said that while an occupant, identified as Staff Sergeant Rizal Manimtim, was still sleeping inside the building, no one was reported hurt in the fire.
“Siya ay ginising na lamang ng kanyang kasamahang sundalo na si Staff Sergeant Ronald Retota na duty… agad-agad din itong nagising at nakalabas ng area. Wala namang nasugatan o namatay sa nasabing insidente,” said Anticano.
Anticano said that their initial investigation revealed that the fire started in the bathroom area of the structure where a washing machine was installed.
He said that electrical ignition might have triggered the fire.
“Sinasabi ng kanilang electrician na mayroong problema doon sa kanilang electrical wiring. Isa pa, masyado nang luma itong building na ito, ganoon din ‘yong kanilang mga electrical connections. Isa ‘yon sa mga tinitingnan natin,” he said.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. © Copyright 2018 - Qubes Publication and Ads Promotion. All rights reserved.