The Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) has set the annual proficiency examination for aspiring information technology specialists in Palawan.
The examination will be on April 8, Monday, at the Fullbright Integrated School in Barangay Bancao-Bancao.
Carmela Valencia, operations-in-charge of the technical division of DICT Cluster 3, said Tuesday the passers of the assessment examination on April 05 may proceed to the diagnostic test.
“Kapag nakapasa doon, pwedeng kumuha ng diagnostic exam (if the examinees passed the diagnostic examination) equivalent yon sa professional category ng civil service eligibility at wala ‘yong expiration,” Valencia said.
The assessment examination for ICT proficiency is free and open for graduating IT students and practicing IT professionals, she pointed out.
Valencia also added that even individuals who are non-IT course graduates may take the examination as long as they could pass it.
The passers of the assessment examination may proceed to diagnostic test and pay P300 to take hands-on ICT programming exam.
If the DICT exam results to a high number of passers, the department would immediately schedule the diagnostic test within the week.
“Ang ginawa na lang namin ay back-to-back, kung maraming nakapasa, so the same time inaano na namin ‘yon within a week sinusunod na namin,” she added.
Results of the diagnostic test may be released two to three weeks after the examination date.
Successful passers are qualified to avail the Civil Service Commission (CSC) eligibility without expiration.
On its website, DICT said interested examinees may bring their duly accomplished forms together with the following:
- Two (2) passport-sized pictures with name tag;
- Certified true copies of Transcript of Records duly authenticated by the Registrar of the school or the HRD Manager of the Office;
- For those graduating before the examination date, a certification from the Dean that the applicant:
- is a candidate for graduation before the exam date; and
- has taken relevant ICT subjects in college;
- Photocopy of Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) birth certificate, National Statistics Office (NSO) birth certificate will also be accepted according to DICT.
The assessment examination on April 8 is half day and will start at 8:00 a.m.