Cloudy skies can be expected over Palawan because of the entry of a low-pressure area (LPA) system in the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR), about 900 kilometers east of Davao City, according to local Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical, and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) chief Sonny Pajarilla.

Pajarilla said Monday the LPA is expected to move towards Mindanao and could bring a 40 percent chance of rain to Palawan.

“Meron tayong 40 percent chance of rain shower sa araw, 60 percent naman sa gabi so medyo mataas-taas, ibig sabihin more than 50 percent ang chance natin na magkaroon ng pag-ulan bukas lalo na sa bundok,” he said.

The accumulation of clouds is due to the movement of the wind from the eastern skies of Mindanao.

The state weather agency said the potential rain showers that can be experienced in Palawan is only due to the extended area of the LPA.

- Advertisement -

“Ngayon, maulap na itong Mindanao at mamayang gabi inaasahan na medyo mag-a-accumulate din ang kaulapan sa atin dahil sa transport o pagtangay ng hangin na galing sa Silangan ng kaulapan sa Mindanao at bukas mas mostly cloudy ang inaasahan natin na lagay ng panahon,” he added.

Previous articleCity Council approves ‘junk vehicle ordinance’
Next articleVisitor arrivals rise 21% in Palawan in 2018
is one of the senior reporters of Palawan News. She covers agriculture, business, and different feature stories. Her interests are collecting empty bottles, aesthetic earrings, and anything that is color yellow.