Eight patients under investigation (PUI) in Palawan have been added to the COVID-19 watchlist of the regional health department, bringing the total PUI tally of the province to 26.
Geraldine Perez, health education and promotion officer of the Regional Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit (RESU) of the Department of Health (DOH), said Wednesday that patient classification is also being revamped in compliance with the central office’s directive on case reporting.
“That is why proper assesment per patient ang ginagawa ng RESU to ensure na ma-classify properly ang mga patients and this is being done with the province/city,” she said.
Meanwhile, the city (CIO) and provincial information offices already began changing their patient categorization, downgrading two probable cases from its earlier pronouncement of three. Probable coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases are classified based on severity of the health condition and uncertainty of the test result.
Dr. Mary Ann Navarro, the provincial health officer, said that two probable cases were reclassified as they had been admitted at the hospital for further investigation.
“Okay naman [ang probable case] patient. Awaiting result of real-time polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR),” she said.
The Palawan province is still waiting for nine test results from the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM) backlog since last week.
Two PUIs were cleared after their test result turned negative. The island province has a total of 26 PUIs, 18 of whom were admitted at different hospital while 8 were under home quarantine as of Wednesday afternoon (3 p.m., April 15).