The Anti Crime Task Force (ACTF) said a deeper probe is being conducted on the reported stabbing to death of a two-week-old child and the wounding of his mother Friday in Barangay Tiniguiban.

Richard Ligad, chief of the ACTF, said investigation is still continuing as there remains questions about how the crime was perpetrated by an unknown assailant.

The child was reportedly stabbed on the chest by an unknown suspect while his 19-year-old mother, identified only as Chel (name withheld), was stabbed in the stomach.

Ligad said that based on what they gathered from a witness who lives with the mother and her child, an unidentified man was responsible for the crime.

The witness, whom he did not name, claimed that it happened while she was out on an errand. The child’s mother allegedly sent her to buy some items in a store 500 meters away.

She said that when she returned, she found the door to their home locked.

She forced herself inside and found both the child and the mother stabbed, Ligad said.

Ligad said the child’s mother also told investigators that a man entered their home and stabbed them.

“Ang sabi ng nanay may pumasok daw sa bahay nila at ‘yon ang gumawa, which is iniimbestigahan pa natin kasi maraming tanong. Personally, marami akong tanong,” Ligad said.

“Marami tayong tanong, kung pumasok, sino ba ‘yong pumasok, ano ba ‘yong motibo, walang forced entry, at paano naman naisara ang pinto sa loob, paano lumabas, saan lumabas, at kung bakit walang narinig na komosyon ang mga kapitbahay? Ang narinig lang nila ay yong iyak ng bata tapos biglang tahimik na walang ibang narinig na komosyon or what, at kung ano ‘yong rason kung bakit ‘yong bata ang sinaksak at hindi ‘yong nanay ‘yon ang mga tanong na naglalaro sa atin,” he added.

Ligad said they also received information that Chel was seen outside of the house with her child early morning of May 29.

“Meron pa ‘yong sinasabi na noong gabi before yong incident, lumabas pa ‘yong nanay sa labas ng bahay nila almost madaling araw na at karga-karga pa ‘yong baby,” he said.

Case investigator P/Cpl. Mark Anthony Lucio said they are still probing the case. “Negative pa din po kami. Under investigation pa rin namin ngayon,” he said.