Four persons under investigation (PUI) for coronavirus disease (COVID-19) infection have tested negative, even as the total PUIs under COVID-watch in the city has increased to 58 persons.

Richard Ligad, city information officer, said Monday afternoon that the City Health Office (CHO) has so far recorded a total of 58 PUIs in the city, noting that the results of the 4 PUIs returned negative.

“Forty-three PUIs are local residents of Puerto Princesa City, nine came from other municipalities, three from other provinces, and three foreign nationals. We now have 58 PUIs,” he said.

Three PUIs, who are all local residents, including a 48-year-old male, a 21-year-old female, and a 45-year-old male were set to be discharged after testing negative for COVID-19, based on the forwarded results from the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM).

The deceased 37-year-old male PUI, who was pronounced to have died due to “severe respiratory distress”, was also COVID-negative.

- Advertisement -

Meanwhile, the number of persons under monitoring (PUM) has peaked to 512, following efforts to trace all individuals who may have had contact with the COVID-positive patient.

“Three groups were deployed and two have already sent their report. So far, lahat ng nagkaroon ng direct contact ay maayos ang pakiramdam at walang sintomas,” Ligad said.

The PUMs remained in self-quarantine under close monitoring of CHO and Barangay Health Emergency Response Team (BHERT).

 

Previous articleCity withheld critical information about COVID-positive patient it booked with Hue Hotels
Next article3MBde distributes burgers to frontliners against COVID-19
is a desk editor and senior reporter of Palawan News. He covers politics, environment, tourism, justice, and sports. In his free time, he enjoys long walks with his dog, Bayani.