Jul 6, 2020

19 Palawan COVID suspects cleared

The Regional Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit (RESU) of the Department of Health (DOH) on Friday cleared 19 COVID-19 patients in Palawan from its daily tracker after their test results returned negative.

Nineteen suspect COVID-19 patients in Palawan have tested negative for coronavirus, as various local government units (LGU) stepped up expanded testing.

The Regional Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit (RESU) of the Department of Health (DOH) on Friday cleared 19 COVID-19 patients in Palawan from its daily tracker after their test results returned negative.

Richard Ligad, city information officer (CIO), said that four suspects COVID-19 patients were from Puerto Princesa City, including the deceased male suspect patient who died on May 3.

“Merong apat na dumating na result at kasama na dito ‘yong 21-25 years old male na mula sa urban barangay na namatay noong May 3,” Ligad said.

Dr. Emerose Moreno, regional incident commander, in a virtual press conference, said that the health personnel who assessed Ospital Ng Palawan (ONP) last week had seen the potential of the facility to become a COVID-19 testing center.

“May kakayanan ang ONP, ngunit may mga dapat pang ayusin at mga bagay na kailangan gawin upang ito ay maisaayos. Ipinaalam na sa LGU at tuloy-tuloy ang ating koordinasyon,” she said.

However, no timeline has been provided when the COVID-19 testing center in the island province may be materialized.

Palawan has a total of 68 suspect COVID-19 patients, 19 of whom were admitted in different hospitals while 49 remained under strict home quarantine as of 3 p.m., Friday (May 8).

Share your vote!


How do you feel about this post?
  • Happy
  • Sad
  • Angry