Residents of a subdivision close to the city’s relocation site in Barangay Tagburos have complained to the city government about the encroachment of illegal settlers in their village, whom they claimed to be Badjaos that were resettled in the area following the fire last year that hit the tribal community in Barangay Bagong Silang last year.
In a letter to the city government, Villegas Subdivision resident Imelda Plaza accused the Badjaos as being responsible for the “uncontrolled throwing of trash and garbage” inside the subdivision, and also in the “occupation of subdivision property,” including the main roads reserved for the lessees.
Plaza, along with other lessees, has asked the city government to conduct a site inspection and order the immediate cleanup of the littered area and the eviction of illegal dwellers.
“If possible, we can relocate the main road of the subdivision that was donated to the city government thru a deed of donation that is presently utilized by the Badjao relocatees,” she said.
“If we can possibly procure a piece of land as a permanent access road for them from the highway to their location at the back, outside the subdivision plan. We already found a possible area for that purpose,” she added.
Councilor Nesario Awat said the legal committee that he chairs will deliberate the issue in a hearing on Thursday afternoon, January 11.
“We will probably pass a resolution granting the request, depending on the recommendations from our invited guests. Another concern we’ll look into is if we have a budget for the purchase of said road right of way,” he told Palawan News on Wednesday.
Over a hundred Badjao families have been displaced during a fire incident in Bgy. Bagong Silang last September 2017.
Use of materials from this Website, including any commercial use, reproduction, distribution, re-publication, broadcast, and display or performed, without prior permission of Qubes Publication and Ads Promotion is strictly prohibited.