Face it — every mom works, whether she leaves her home for an office environment or not. Most working moms are short on two things – money and time. The following tips will concentrate on saving both for these truly super-women:
- Blazers and Jackets- It’s the best way to create a professional look over skirts and pants. Then with a quick change into jeans or leggings, blazers fit right in at after-school sporting events. Stick to solid colors and differing lengths for flexibility. Whether you should wear single or double-breasted depends on your body shape. Unstructured jackets work just as well as blazers if you work in a more relaxed office atmosphere.
- Blouses- Stick to the basic button-down variety with regular sleeves and cuffs. It’s hard to wrestle a three-year-old into a car seat with dangling sleeves.
- Undergarments– You won’t have to rummage for the last clean pair of matching bra and panties if you do this one simple thing – buy everything the same color. This tip is just for the ones you wear regularly. Save the rainbow for special occasions. For every day – keep it simple.
- Jewelry– The quick little fixes that can make a woman look and feel like she’s together should be simple and uncomplicated. Your earrings, necklace and/or pin do not all have to match exactly. It’s easier if they don’t.
- Pants– Pants follow pretty much the same rules as blazers. Stick to solid colors for flexibility. Slip on a sweatshirt, windbreaker or denim jacket and you’re ready for the after-school round-up. Khaki pants are a working mother’s dream. They look great in the office and on the sidelines of the track field. Whether you should wear pants with pockets, pleats or cuffs depends on your body shape.
Hope this was helpful especially to the gorgeous working moms! Till next time…