Each of us are unique. From the way we speak, act, and go about our lives, but there are some things we have in common that we rather not have. I’m talking about body conditions like calluses, odors, and dirt.
Here are some ways to eliminate the odor behind ears, dirt on our belly button, and calluses on our feet.
Odors come from different corners of our body. One of the deadly ones is the odor behind our ears. What can we do about it?
1. Baby wipes/wet tissue. It’s best to have wet tissue anywhere you go, so you can wipe down the area behind your ears whenever necessary.
2. Rubbing alcohol. This removes residual oil and dead skin. Pour a small amount of alcohol on tissue or cotton pad and gently wipe the area. Don’t use this method often for it might cause dryness of skin.
We sometimes ignore the existence of our belly buttons. Regular bathing helps clean it, but are there other ways too?
1. Cotton buds and your choice of cleaning solution. Cleaning solutions include water, baby oil, hydrogen peroxide, or rubbing alcohol. Dip the tip of the cotton bud into the cleaning solution and gently clean the area. Don’t poke around too hard. Discard used cotton bud then repeat process when necessary.
Only clean your belly button when it’s extra dirty. You don’t have to clean it regularly because it’s home to 1,500 helpful bacteria.
A callus is a thick or hard skin area caused by repeated friction, pressure, or irritation. Calluses are often found on our feet. Remember the three steps: soak, rub, & dry. Here are options to rid yourself of callus.
1. Dip your feet in chamomile tea for about 20 minutes.
2. Put two tablespoons of baking soda into warm water. Soak affected area for about 30 minutes.
1. Go to the beach. Walk barefoot on wet sand. Sand also helps exfoliate the skin.
2. Use pumice stone or foot pile to rub callus away. Make sure you have soaked your feet.
Make sure to always keep the affected area dry.