1. Leather shoes of any color are best polished with petroleum jelly or castor oil, to keep them from drying and cracking.
2. Paint your old pair of brown shoes with tincture of iodine. Clean in the usual way, and you will find them as good as new.
3. Apply shoe polish and keep the shoes in sunlight for 15 minutes. Brush them again, and the shoes will sparkle as if new.
4. Rub the inner portion of a banana peel on your leather shoes. Let it dry. then brush them well. This cleans as well as conditons the leather.
5. To make the shoes shine brighter, add a little lemon juice to the shoe polish, before polishing them.