The Civil Service Commission in Palawan said recently it will only accommodate a maximum of 3,000 examinees for its upcoming civil service eligibility exams scheduled March 18.
CSC Palawan Director Marissa Barba said that compared to last year’s examination where they had some 4,000 examinees, they decided to lower the cut this year because of the limited facilities they have for the examination.
Barba expressed concern that while they were able to accommodate all applicants last year, the poor condition of the school where they held the exams made it difficult for the examinees.
She cited previous problems in the rooms, including the lack of chairs needed for the examinees. Each room, she added, should accommodate at most 25 examinees.
“I had no choice kasi I made my ocular inspection a day before the exam and usually ganoon naman talaga ang ginagawa ko. It is more on checking the arrangements but ‘yong school kasi ang nag-aasikaso ng mga rooms,” she said.
“Yung iba (chairs) dugtong-dugtong o kaya sira-sira naman. ‘Yon ang sabi ko na dapat iconsider namin next year kasi definitely may effect ‘yan sa results ng exam. Dapat conducive sana,” Barba added.
Barba said that last year, only 9 percent of the total examinees passed the professional category while 7.8 percent managed to hurdle the sub-professional level.
Barba said they have so far 2,041 applicants and added they will close the application window once they reached their target ceiling number.
“Ang sabi ko sa kanila kapag umabot na sa quota, cut na tayo doon, sumobra man dalawa o tatlo lang. ‘Yong schools naman ganoon din ang number na naicommit nila na mga rooms,” she said.