Court allows ex-governor Reyes to undergo surgery in Metro Manila

File Photo/Palawan News

The Regional Trial Court of Palawan Branch 52 through Executive Judge Angelo Arizala has officially allowed former governor Joel Reyes a two-week ‘medical leave’ to undergo surgery and subsequent recovery in Metro Manila.

Reyes, the alleged mastermind behind the murder of environmentalist Gerry Ortega in 2011, is due for a follow-up surgical removal of polyps in a private hospital in Manila and allowed a time for rest after the operation.

Former Board Member and Provincial Information Officer Rolando Bonoan Jr said the surgery was recommended by Reyes’s physician when the former underwent a surgery in December last year.

In-advised talaga ng doctor na dapat matanggal ang polyps within 3 months,” he told Palawan News in a phone interview.

The Court issued the order on Wednesday, May 24, following a manifestation from Puerto Princesa City Jail Warden Lino Soriano. In a previous order issued by the same Court last April 17, the City Jail Warden was tasked to ensure Reyes’s safety while also securing the latter won’t escape from authorities. Reyes is ordered to immediately return to his detention cell in Puerto Princesa after the allowed period.

Jail Officer Marlito Anza, City Jail’s Spokesperson, has refrained from commenting on the matter for security reasons. He said he will only comment after Reyes has been safely transported to Manila.

Use of materials from this Website, including any commercial use, reproduction, distribution, re-publication, broadcast, and display or performed, without prior permission of Qubes Publication and Ads Promotion is strictly prohibited.

You may also like...