The city government has ordered the food stall owners along Rizal Avenue that had been allowed to operate during the onset of the Christmas holidays to self-demolish their structures until Friday, January 12,
The city mayor issued the order Tuesday, Jan. 9, advising the City Tourism Office (CTO) to inform the owners of “Caraenan” food stalls in the “tourism lane” to self-demolish their respective stalls.
Tourism Operations Officer Cy Negosa said putting up the stalls along what is considered a national highway is prohibited by the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH).
“We just partnered with the DPWH to allow them (stall owners) for a certain period of time, but their structures aren’t allowed to become permanent there,” she told Palawan News on Wednesday, Jan. 10.
In line with the Tourism Month celebration in September 2017, the CTO invited the Caraenan group to occupy one lane of the road leading to the old airport from 6 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Negosa said residents in the area were also complaining about the noise the “tourism lane” created at night.
“So we’re trying to find an ideal place and we’re looking at Canigaran, also in Barangay Bancao-Bancao,” she said.
Use of materials from this Website, including any commercial use, reproduction, distribution, re-publication, broadcast, and display or performed, without prior permission of Qubes Publication and Ads Promotion is strictly prohibited.