The City Fire Department advises residents of Puerto Princesa City to buy quality Christmas lights now that everybody is busy buying different kinds of decors for the Yuletide season.
Fire Officer Rud Mark Anticano warns public on the proliferation of sub-standard Christmas lights as it did not pass the safety standard of the government. He said that consumers should always look for ICC sticker and seal of DTI approval.
Based on the record of the Bureau of Fire, most of the fire in the previous Christmas seasons were caused by fire crackers and Christmas lights.
“Tiyakin natin na hindi mga sub-standard na mga Christmas lights ang ating mga binibili at ikinakabit sa ating mga bahay para maiwasan na pagmulan ito ng sunog,” Anticano said.
He also advises to always unplug all the appliances and gadgets when not in use or if the power is already full, in the case of gadgets. These equipment he said, easily heat up which may cause fire. He also discourages “octopus connection” in houses because this is very dangerous.
Octopus wiring is pacing a lot of extensions to a wall socket. This is dangerous because if the total current that passes through the wires exceeds the indicated rating, it could create too much heat and start a fire (The maximum current rating is usually at 10 Amperes for household units).
Use of materials from this Website, including any commercial use, reproduction, distribution, re-publication, broadcast, and display or performed, without prior permission of Qubes Publication and Ads Promotion is strictly prohibited.