Beauty is defined as the quality that pleases or delights the senses or mind. It can either come from the inside or the outside. And you’ll be surprised to know that beauty can also come straight from your kitchen! Let’s find out what and how:
- Honey – Often thought of as a healthy sweetener, but did you know that this ingredient has tons of skin and hair benefits, too? Made by the alchemy of bees collecting nectar, pollen, and resins from flowers, honey can help moisturize, fight aging, and fight bacteria. Plus, it’s loaded with nutrients, antioxidants, and healing compounds. Next time you’re browsing the grocery store shelves, look for raw honey, which hasn’t been heat-treated or pasteurized; it contains more active phytonutrient antioxidants and enzymes for enhanced benefits.
- Below are some ways to make use of honey for a more gorgeous you:
- Moisturizing Mask
Honey is a natural humectant, meaning it draws moisture from the air into the skin and ensures it’s retained it in the layers where it’s needed most for penetrating, long-lasting hydration.
Try it: Stir one tablespoon raw honey with two tablespoons jojoba oil or coconut oil until the mixture is spreadable consistency. Apply to clean, dry skin, and massage gently in a circular motion, avoiding your eye area. Leave it on your skin 15 – 20 minutes. Rinse with clean water. (You can also do this even without the jojoba and coconut oil, just plain honey alone)
- Acne Treatment
Honey contains antibacterial and antifungal properties that thwart bacteria that can lead to breakouts. Its anti-inflammatory properties will calm redness and irritation.
Try it: Apply a dab of raw honey to affected areas, and sit for 10-15 minutes. Rinse with clean water
- Sunburn Treatment
Honey restores hydration to the deepest layers of sun-exposed skin—and both honey and aloe vera contain powerful anti-inflammatories to calm burned skin and aid recovery.
Try it: Mix one part raw honey with two parts pure aloe vera gel. Apply to sunburned skin.
- Eggs – Are often used in cooking and baking, but did you know that it can also be applied on the face to help ward off wrinkles and to potentiallytighten sagging skin? By applying egg whites directly onto your skin, you can give yourself an effective facial without spending a lot of money. Egg whites can be used as a mask to make the skin tighter and firmer.
How to make your firming mask using egg:
- Separate two eggs into egg whites and yolk.
- Whip the egg whites with a fork for 10 seconds, and then spread the egg whites over your skin with your fingers.
- Leave the egg whites on your skin for 30 minutes, or until they dry completely.
- Wash the dried egg whites off your skin using warm water.
Look good, feel good everyone! Till next time… J
Use of materials from this Website, including any commercial use, reproduction, distribution, re-publication, broadcast, and display or performed, without prior permission of Qubes Publication and Ads Promotion is strictly prohibited.