Eight chartered flights from mainland China are scheduled to bring in tourists to visit Puerto Princesa City’s attraction this week, in what the city government hopes will boost the local tourism industry.
City Mayor Lucilo Bayron said during Monday’s flag raising ceremony that the flights will be coming from the cities of Xiamen, Tianjin, and Beijing. He added that the success of the visits will help encourage more Chinese tourists to come to Palawan.
“Kung matutuwa ang mga Chinese na ito, baka magkaroon tayo ng malaking increase sa tourism arrivals dito sa lungsod ng Puerto Princesa,” he said.
“Inaasahan natin ang flight galing sa China. Ini-expect natin na eight chartered flights ito – tatlo galing Xiamen, tatlo galing sa Beijing, dalawa galing Tianjin,” he added.
Bayron at the same time expressed concern that the city’s tourism sector is still not ready to respond to an increase in the volume of visitors coming to the city.
“Kaya lang parang nahuhuli ang ating mga tourism players. Kailangan natin ng maraming hotels, maraming destinations, at maraming facilities,” he said.
The city tourism office has set a target of attracting 1 million tourists this year. Records showed that the city received last year over 800,000 visitors.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. © Copyright 2018 - Qubes Publication and Ads Promotion. All rights reserved.